What this blog is about

I tell you how wizardry is done, and how magic begins. All wizards can conjure creatures that they dream of with ease. They can also change all time, you must learn

July 31, 2013

Lesson 10

     "Hi, my name is Joshua Stormrider. I am a studier of the storm school(maybe you don't know of it. Its the most powerful school ever, but has many chances) and this is the tale of when I  learned the lesson of  self control.

      You see for storm wizards, its hard to control ourselves, because of our unpredictable nature. We are impulsive, like lightning. I makes us herd to deal with. Often we have to be  taught self control the hard way. I certainly did. Okay so lets go to myself when I was getting my quest, along with 4 other wizards- Valdus Darkcaster, Jack Goldenward, Jaide Rubyheart and John Ratsong. So Valdus was dating Jaide, don't ask me why, Jack and John were good pals, thus I was the odd one out. I was always being the leader, though. The goal was simple, beat Malistaire to a pulp. He'd always been messing with our lives, so we were happy to oblige.
       The first task was to break in to two groups and take out too colossi, one fire, which Valdus, Jaide, and I handled, and one ice, which Jack and John took. We had no trouble, what with Valdus being Ice against Fire and with Jack being fire against Ice it was an easy battle. I then sent Jack to activate one crystal while I activated the other, this would open the door, Jaide said. I suspect that there was a third that Jaide told john to go find so they could be alone. Anyways, we all ended up back after John, so I suppose nothing much bad could have happened. The door was opened and we had a teleport stone to get past the guards. Teleporting was like being turned into a cup of water, being drunk and then being spit out and transformed back, except much less pleasant. We then began the battle with Malistaire.   We engaged by forming a semicircle and Malistaire responded by taking his own spot on the circle. This made magic solid and possible to be battle used. And thus we began playing like a game of chess. One move then another back and forth. Until finally I readied a spell that would let me shoot lightning from my hands. I cast the spell. I began to reign down electric fury on my worst foe. However, other lightning that I could not control sprang from places. I got mad and they got reckless. This put my friends in danger. Uh-Oh I thought. I took a moment to take a deep breath and calm down. I noticed that Valdus and Jaide's  magic was stronger when they were together, odd but I continued to calm myself. Finally I shot one lightning bolt at Malistaire in an attempt to kill him before all the spell's power was lost. I hit but only enough to K.O. him. We returned to camp in the Ballista so tat we could sleep the night away. But I didn't sleep for a while as I was thinking about what had happened when I loosed my temper. Nah that's crazy, Josh. Your temper can't control magic, can't it?  I thought. That day I learned that loosing my temper can hurt and even sometimes kill my friends, certainly my friendships. Well I hope you learned a lot from this! Cya next time! -Joshua StormRider(JSR)"

Thank you, Joshua for giving me that story after so long. Next I will explain where different types of magic are strong and weak. I will explain why and how magic is amplified in the next 15 posts. Cya soon!

2 comments:

  1. An interesting story to be sure.

    (I'm not sure if you know, but with the background you have, it is very hard to read. You might want to change the color of the text, or of the background.)

    Looking forward to more stories on your way to self control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The text color has been changes for easy readability. Thank you for that feedback

      Delete