What this blog is about

I tell you how wizardry is done, and how magic begins. All wizards can conjure creatures that they dream of with ease. They can also change all time, you must learn

November 11, 2012

Lesson 8

             "Hi I am Jack Goldenward. This is how I learned courtesy.  You may have heard a tale from Valdus Darkcaster, he is my friend. here we go telling tales......
          It was a time where I was always selfish, and we were in a snowstorm. Valdus wasn't having much luck calming the storm, he said and I was keeping my heat away  from  Jaide Rubyheart, a life wizard. I respected everyone around me and recognized that Jaide was freezing, but I didn't think much of it. Honestly, I didn't understand why I should help her. Then she showed me her wand and said it would not work in this weather. I asked why and she said that plants and life magic doesn't work in snowstorms. I realized that she was hungry and tried offering her some of my Flaming Good Rations when she said that it might kill her. I began to worry and offered her some leafy green salad, but she refused, saying "It would be cold and taste horrid." Alas I didn't realize what she wanted. Valdus came in and asked me how things were in here. I quickly replied "Well I am fine but Jaide seems hungry. I have offered her food, but she dose not accept it. What can we do to help?" Valdus in response asked "Have you given her warmth?" "Well no. Its my fire, why should I share it?" Valdus in all him wisdom replied, "Sharing will get you far. I need to see the ground, so please melt the snow below us and make the ground fertile." I said that I could only do half the work and didn't want to warm Jaide. Even so I melted the snow, but didn't heat Jaide. Valdus summoned his own fire and sat next to Jaide, to warm her I guessed, but why did he share his flame? Why not keep all the heat to himself? I saw Jaide use life magic, enchanting the soil and making it fertile. Valdus planted some seeds and in an instant a grand blueberry bush sprang up. I kept my heat on the bush, not anything else. I knew Valdus was going to grow some berries, probably for himself. When the berries appeared Valdus picked some and took some cooking supplies out of his backpack and made Jaide a fruit salad.
            Ever science then, I have been unselfish to all I see, because unselfishness is a courtesy."

             I have thanked Jack for this through a WM. He taught such a good lesson.

2 comments:

  1. Courtesy and courage go hand-in-hand, I think. What a different place the world would be if all were to show kindness. Thank you for a good story and life lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you could come and help calm the storm at our new apartment?

    ReplyDelete